Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are wishing everyone well and hoping everyone stays healthy during this time. ACCS is committed to supporting our families. Please let us know if there are any particular ways that we may be helpful. We want to ensure our children are continuing to learn while we are experiencing this extended school closure. Below, you will find updated information and expectations regarding our online remote learning program for the next few weeks.
We want to remind all families about the importance of creating and maintaining a consistent daily routine and schedule for our scholars. We recommend that scholars in all grade levels engage in a variety of activities to keep their brains active, bodies healthy and spirits hopeful. Please establish a consistent regular bedtime and a consistent time to wake up each day to make sure scholars are dressed and ready to learn. This routine will provide clear expectations, promote emotional and physical health and make it easier for them to transition back to our regular school routine when school restarts.
See below for the suggested ACCS virtual schedule to support learning. Please make sure your child follows the schedule and completes all learning tasks each day.
Update: School closed through Friday, April 17th
Governor Cuomo announced Friday through Executive Order 202.11 that all schools in New York will be closed until Wednesday, April 15 due to continuing concerns about the spread of COVID-19. Since our Spring Break is from April 13-17 Classes will resume on Monday, April 20th. We will continue to update you as new guidance is issued by the Governor.
Meal program updates
ACCS provides breakfast and lunch meals for all scholar families each day. The hours will now be from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. You can pick up both meals at the same time. If your child would like to participate in the meal program but you do not have transportation during the day to pick up meals, please let us know.
*****New Work Packets are available to be picked up on Monday, March 30th at the Elementary School. 8:30 to 2 pm*********
***********Books for Independent Reading are available at the school************
Remote Learning Plan
We are preparing for a complete transition to online learning via Google Classroom this week. Our teachers are receiving training and support to establish Google Classrooms for all classes beginning next week. Teachers will reach out to scholars this week to assist scholars with setting up Google accounts. Teachers will begin by reviewing lesson assignments in packets with on Google Classroom to build their own capacity as well as their scholars’ capacity in this new environment.
The following week beginning April 6th our intention is to move to a more active teaching mode online that will simulate a regular school day from 9 am to 4 pm. Please see the schedule below. The components of the program are as follows:
- 1 teacher per grade level will deliver a recorded lesson ( in each subject each day for (ELA, Math, Sci, SS). For grades K-2, this may not be your homeroom teacher.
- Lessons will be viewed and followed online by each scholar according to the daily schedule. The scholars will actively complete all learning tasks while watching the lesson (ex. Read, Take notes, answer questions, etc) and turn in assignments through Google classroom.
- Twice each day according to the schedule, a teacher will communicate directly with each scholar to answer questions, review lesson material, completed work and provide feedback to scholars.
- Teachers will be available to answer questions during designated times during the day via email, phone, and other face-to-face platforms.
- Each Friday scholars will be given tests and quizzes on the material that was assigned during the week. Test and quizzes will be graded.
- Parents will be provided guidance documents and links to assist you to support your child. Please review these and discuss the expectations with your child.
Questions: We know that you have had many questions. Please consult with your child’s homeroom teacher and review all resources provided for guidance. Check Class Dojo and Facebook regularly for updates. If you have technical issues, please contact your child’s teacher if you have not done so already. You will be contacted directly to receive assistance.
Sample Daily Schedule
|8:45 am||Morning Huddle||Review Morning Message from teacher|
|9:00 am –
|ELA||Follow along with the recorded lesson and complete all learning tasks.|
|10:00 am –
|ELA Work time/Teacher Check-in||Complete assignments and Meet with Teacher via Zoom or Facetime, ISR|
|Math||Follow along with the recorded lesson and complete all learning task|
|12:00 pm –
|12:30 pm –
|Specials||Follow recorded lesson of assigned special TBA|
|1:00 pm –
|Math Work Teacher Check In||Complete assignments and Meet with Teacher via Zoom or Facetime, ISR|
|2:00 pm –
|Science||Follow along with the recorded lesson and complete all learning task|
|3:00 pm –
|3:15 pm –
|Social Studies||Follow along with the recorded lesson and complete all learning task|
|4:15 pm –
|I-Ready 30 minutes/ HW or 30 minutes (ISR) Independent Sustained Reading||Complete 30 minutes of I-ready, HW or ISR|