Lead teachers hold primary responsibility for the implementation and development of ACCS’s curriculum and the success of its students. ACCS seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of grade level teams, content teams, school teams, and more.
Lead teacher responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards;
- Design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards;
- Use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues; and
- Participate in staff professional development on an ongoing basis.
- A passionate belief in Albany Charter School Network’s mission, values, and educational model;
- A deep desire to work with educationally underserved student populations and their families;
- An unwavering commitment to the academic success and personal development of our students;
- An eagerness to set ambitious, challenging, and tangible goals, and a relentless drive to achieve them;
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges;
- An ability and desire to manage multiple projects at once;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including strong public speaking skills;
- A sense of humility;
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Current authorization to work in the United States; and
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required. Belief in and alignment with ACCS’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package including comprehensive health benefits.
|Job Category||Ongoing Recruitment|