Albany Community Charter School will maintain and enforce a uniform student dress code policy for several important reasons:
- Uniforms reduce distractions and competition based on clothing;
- Uniforms reduce costs for parents;
- Uniforms create a sense of group identity and unite us as a community;
- Uniforms teach students the importance of dressing appropriately for school and work.
All students must come to school dressed in accordance with the school dress code every day. If a student arrives to school out of code, parents will be notified and the student will be either sent home or the parents will be required to bring in the proper clothing to meet the uniform code. Students will not be allowed to attend class without proper dress. In addition, every effort must be made to ensure students come to school neat and clean.
***Albany Community Charter School reserves the right to amend the dress code at any time. In all cases, the Principal will have the final authority regarding dress code decisions.***
ALL students at the Albany Community Charter School are expected to wear the following:
- Red shirts with collars (includes mock turtleneck, long or short sleeves, cotton or knit). No sweatshirts with hoods are permitted.
- Black, red, or black and red shoes (loafer or casual dress) or athletic shoes or sneakers. No other colors are permitted to be on the shoes. Boots are permitted as outer wear only.
- Cold weather attire may include solid color sweaters or vests in red or black.
- Hats of any kind are not permitted inside of the building.
- Black pants (slacks) or shorts (length must not be above the knee); belts must be work with trousers having belt loops. (No jeans or excessive pockets)
- Shirts must stay tucked in pants.
- Black or red socks.
- Boys’ hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
- Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
- Black pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers, must be longer than the fingertips when arms hang at the student’s side. Leggings, jeggings or any other denim-style bottoms are not permitted.
- Solid black or red socks/tights. No patterns, words, designs or images are permitted to be on socks or tights.
- A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
- Makeup is not permitted.
Albany Community Charter School will provide one short sleeve and one long sleeve shirt with our logo embroidered on them for each student.
Additional uniform shirts and pants are available for purchase, and customized uniform apparel can be ordered as well at the School: 65 Krank Street, Albany NY 12202